For quite some time I was looking for a new name for an open source project of mine: TYPO3-Analytics.
I am (sadly) not creative in naming things or painting.
The most prominent part of creativity is during development and programming.
To find a name is (in my point of view) very difficult.
This post is about my bachelor thesis, a conference, cool people from Spain, some academic paper, a lot of open source and how it can be if you let the flow runs :)
Everything started in February 2013.
At this time I studied business informatics next to my fulltime job at wmdb Systems GmbH as a software developer (mainly as web developer for TYPO3 related projects).
At Apr 19, 2013 I started TYPO3-Analytics to create a prototype or proof of concept to make my first steps in fields data mining/software repository mining, statistics, and data visualization.
At this time I got an extensive and in-depth knowledge of the TYPO3 ecosystem (code, people, tools, systems, processes, events, etc.) and the TYPO3 community manager Ben van ’t ende motivated me to create some metrics ;)
So the first project was TYPO3.
Today i tagged and released version v0.0.1 of the project TYPO3-Analytics.
After 303 days and 144 commits later, i decided to make a “cut” and start a new version.
This version is a first (workable as far as I know) “proof of concept” for a repository mining platform to produce (community) metrics of various systems.
The first example system is TYPO3.