This version is a first (workable as far as I know) “proof of concept” for a repository mining platform to produce (community) metrics of various systems. The first example system is TYPO3.
What does this version include?
13 RabbitMQ consumer written in PHP:
- Download a git resource
- Download an HTTP resource
- Extract a tar.gz archive
- Crawl a Gerrit server
- Crawl a single Gerrit project
- Crawl a Gitweb site
- Crawl an NNTP server
- Crawl a single NNTP group
- Analyze the filesize of a file
- Analyze a VCS repository via CVSAnaly
- Analyze PHP source code via PHPLoc
- Analyze PHP source code via pDepend
- Analyze used programming languages via GitHub linguist
4 RabbitMQ producer written in PHP:
- Messages to crawl a Gerrit code review system
- Messages to download TYPO3 releases from get.typo3.org
- Messages to crawl a Gitweb site
- Messages to crawl an NNTP server
This release can be downloaded from github: v0.0.1: Release of version 0.0.1
What will be tackled in the next version?
There is no concrete roadmap for the next version(s). And I do not know which version number will it be. Maybe a new minor, perhaps a new major version. The next version of TYPO3-Analytics will focus on:
- code quality
This means that I try to refactor some code, create unit and integration tests, try to tackle some bugs and “unused” concepts to make a better use of existing functionality (e.g. RabbitMQ Dead Lettering) and to add more parameter to messages to decouple the existing consumer from the proof of concept TYPO3.
Furthermore, I want to write more documentation and some blog posts about the architecture and concept of this project. I got the hope to find more contributor or to find more people who are interested in it. Maybe it will help. We will see.