For quite some time i was looking for a new name for an open source project of mine: TYPO3-Analytics.
I am (sadly) not creative in naming things or painting.
The biggest part of creativity is during development and programming.
To find a good name which sounds nice and got a relation to a tool, task or goal is (in my point of view) very difficult.
This post is about my bachelor thesis, a conference, cool people from spain, some academic paper, a lot of open source and how it can be if you let the flow runs :)
Everything starts in February 2013.
At this time i studied business informatics next to my fulltime job at wmdb Systems GmbH as software developer (mainly as web developer for TYPO3 related projects).
At Apr 19, 2013 i started TYPO3-Analytics to create a prototype or proof of concept to make my first steps in fields data mining / software repository mining, statistics and data visualisation.
At this time i got a big and deep knowledge of the TYPO3 ecosystem (code, people, tools, systems, processes, events, etc.) and the TYPO3 community manager ben van ’t ende motivated me to create some metrics ;)
So the first project was TYPO3.
Today i tagged and released version v0.0.1 of the project TYPO3-Analytics.
After 303 days and 144 commits later, i decided to make a “cut” and start a new version.
This version is a first (workable as far as i know) “proof of concept” for a repository mining platform to produce (community) metrics of various systems.
The first example system is TYPO3.